Hugh, St.

. There are several ecclesiastics of this name in French history, few of which perhaps will be thought now very interesting. St. Hugh, bishop of Grenoble in 1080, was a native of Chateau-neuf-sur-PIsere, near Valence in Dauphiny, who received St. Bruno and his companions, and fixed them in the Grande Chartreuse. He was author of a Cartulary, some fragments of which are in Mabillon’s posthumous works, and in Allard’s Memoirs of Dauphiny, 1711 and 1727, 2 vols. fol. He died April 1, 1132. He must be distinguished from the subject of the next article. 2

2

Moreri. Dupin. —Dict. Hist.

|